Graduate Courses for Undergraduates

An undergraduate student at Monmouth University who has an outstanding academic record may apply for permission to take graduate courses while completing the work for a bachelor’s degree. Such courses may count toward a bachelor’s or master’s degree, but not toward both degrees, unless the student has been formally admitted into a five-year undergraduate/graduate plan and the plan sequence chart allows it. Please refer to the Five-Year Plans section in this catalog for additional details. Prior to submitting the e-FORM “Request to Take a Graduate Course” to the graduate program director, an undergraduate matriculating student must have completed ninety-two (92) credits and have a major GPA of 3.00 and an overall GPA of 2.75. Permission may be given to take up to nine (9) graduate credits while completing the work for an undergraduate degree. Undergraduate students who select to use the course toward a graduate degree must have their graduate application on file with Admissions. Additional details are available in the Office of the Registrar.