Change of Major

The choice of a major can have dramatic impact on life and career goals. Undergraduates considering changing majors should be aware that academic advising, including interest testing, is available to them through the Center for Student Success.

Students who wish to change their majors should seek the advice of the chair of the proposed new department and make themselves familiar with the requirements of the new major. To make the change, students should submit a “Request to Change Curriculum” e-FORM. (Note: Freshmen students must consult with their advisors in the First Year Advising Office in order to change their major.) The Office of the Registrar will review the application and route it to all appropriate parties for their approval. Students will receive an e-mail once this form has been successfully processed. Students must fulfill the requirements of the new major that are in effect at the time of the change of major.

Undeclared majors are required to officially declare a major by the end of the sophomore year. Failure to do so will prevent registration for future semesters. An undeclared student who has maintained continuous matriculation under earlier general education requirements may elect to follow those general education requirements when declaring a major. See Curriculum of Record for additional information.