M.S.Ed. Student Affairs and College Counseling (SACC.MSED)

Requirements (48 credits)
EDC-505Counseling and Ethical Practice3
EDC-510Human Growth and Development3
EDC-540Group Counseling3
EDC-530Counseling Theory and Practice3
EDC-520Advanced Topics in Race and Racism3
EDC-545Career Development and Counseling3
EDC-535Diversity and Social Justice3
EDC-525Assessment for Counseling3
EDC-600Practicum in Counseling3
EDC-601BInternship in Counseling I: Student Affairs/College Counseling3
EDC-602BInternship in Counseling II: Student Affairs/College Counseling3
EDC-CPECounseling Preparatory Comprehensive Examination0
EDC-580Behavioral Issues in Counseling3
EDC-606Research Methodology and Applications3
EDC-501Introduction to College Student Development and Student Affairs3
EDC-500Introduction to Professional Counseling3
EDC-541Leadership and Administration of Campus Environments3
Total Credits48


  • Completion of this program does not qualify student for LPC Certification or K-12 School Counselor Certification.
  1. Applicant must be a certified teacher. (Does not apply to MSEd School Counseling and Student Affairs College Counseling, Autism/ABA or Autism.)
  2. Possession of a baccalaureate degree with a satisfactory overall GPA per state requirements (see New Jersey Department of Education for details) and a 3.0 in the undergraduate major.
  3. Two letters of recommendation related to the applicant’s competence for this graduate program and professional work.
  4. Essay (500 words or more).  For School Counseling and Student Affairs and College Counseling, the essay must discuss why social justice is important to the applicant and how the applicant forsees utilizing this training in his/her future career as a school counselor or student affairs professional. For all other MSED programs the essay must explain why the applicant wishes to pursue the graduate program of their choice.
  5. Students applying to the MSEd School Counseling and MSEd Student Affairs and College Counseling programs must participate in a group interview.

Note:  Upon completion of the Principal/School Administrator/Supervisor Program, you must provide documentation evidencing completion of five years of successful educational experience under a valid provisional or standard New Jersey or equivalent out-of-state certificate to be eligible for the endorsement.