M.S.Ed. Principal/School Administrator/Supervisor
|EDL-504||Introduction to Educational Leadership and Supervision for Student Learning P-12||3|
|EDL-536||Curriculum Development and Design||3|
|EDL-569||Public School Supervision and Communication||3|
|EDL-593||Administration and Supervision of Literacy Practices and Professional Development for School Leaders||3|
|EDL-530||School Law and Policy||3|
|EDL-532||Human Resource Management and School Finance||3|
|EDL-606||Research Based Program Evaluation and Decision Making||3|
|EDL-588||Topics in School Leadership, Supervision, and Curriculum P-12||3|
|EDL-589||Advanced Topics in School Leadership, Supervision, and Curriculum P-12||3|
|EDL-590A||Internship for School Leadership (P-12) I||1|
|EDL-590B||Internship for School Leadership (P-12) II||1|
|EDL-620||Practicum in Executive Leadership||3|
- Applicant must be a certified teacher. (Does not apply to MSEd School Counseling and Student Affairs College Counseling, Autism/ABA or Autism.)
- Possession of a baccalaureate degree with a satisfactory overall GPA per state requirements (see New Jersey Department of Education for details) and a 3.0 in the undergraduate major.
- Two letters of recommendation related to the applicant’s competence for this graduate program and professional work.
- Essay (500 words or more). For School Counseling and Student Affairs and College Counseling, the essay must discuss why social justice is important to the applicant and how the applicant forsees utilizing this training in his/her future career as a school counselor or student affairs professional. For all other MSED programs the essay must explain why the applicant wishes to pursue the graduate program of their choice.
- Students applying to the MSEd School Counseling and MSEd Student Affairs and College Counseling programs must participate in a group interview.
Note: Upon completion of the Principal/School Administrator/Supervisor Program, you must provide documentation evidencing completion of five years of successful educational experience under a valid provisional or standard New Jersey or equivalent out-of-state certificate to be eligible for the endorsement.