Supervisor Post-Master's Endorsement (END.ED.P.SPVR)

Requirements (12 credits)
EDL-536Curriculum Development and Design3
EDL-569Public School Supervision and Communication3
EDL-582Practicum in Supervision and Curriculum P-123
EDL-593Administration and Supervision of Literacy Practices and Professional Development for School Leaders3
Total Credits12
  1. Possession of a Master’s degree.
  2. Applicant must be a certified teacher. (Does not apply to MSEd School Counseling and Student Affairs College Counseling, Autism/ABA or Autism.)
  3. Possession of a baccalaureate degree with a satisfactory overall GPA per state requirements (see New Jersey Department of Education for details) and a 3.0 in the undergraduate major.
  4. Two letters of recommendation related to the applicant’s competence for this graduate program and professional work.
  5. Essay (500 words or more).  For School Counseling and Student Affairs and College Counseling, the essay must discuss why social justice is important to the applicant and how the applicant forsees utilizing this training in his/her future career as a school counselor or student affairs professional. For all other MSED programs the essay must explain why the applicant wishes to pursue the graduate program of their choice.
  6. Students applying to the MSEd School Counseling and MSEd Student Affairs and College Counseling programs must participate in a group interview.


  • Upon completion of the Principal/School Administrator/Supervisor Program, you must provide documentation evidencing completion of five years of successful educational experience under a valid provisional or standard New Jersey or equivalent out-of-state certificate to be eligible for the endorsement.
  • The state code requires that an applicant for the Supervisor certification must hold a standard New Jersey instructional or educational services certificate or its out-of-state equivalent, and complete three years of successful, full-time teaching and/or educational services experience.
  • Teaching and/or educational services experience completed in a New Jersey public school must have been under an appropriate New Jersey certificate.