M.S.Ed. School Counseling (COUNSEL.MSED)
|Requirements (48 credits)|
|EDC-500||Introduction to Professional Counseling||3|
|EDC-505||Counseling and Ethical Practice||3|
|EDC-510||Human Growth and Development||3|
|EDC-530||Counseling Theory and Practice||3|
|EDC-520||Advanced Topics in Race and Racism||3|
|EDC-545||Career Development and Counseling||3|
|EDC-535||Diversity and Social Justice||3|
|EDC-550||Counseling At-Risk Children and Families||3|
|EDC-525||Assessment for Counseling||3|
|EDC-600||Practicum in Counseling||3|
|EDC-555||School Counseling Program Planning and Consultation||3|
|EDC-601A||Internship in Counseling I: School Counseling||3|
|EDC-602A||Internship in Counseling II: School Counseling||3|
|EDC-CPE||Counseling Preparatory Comprehensive Examination||0|
|EDC-580||Behavioral Issues in Counseling||3|
|EDC-606||Research Methodology and Applications||3|
- Completion of this program does not qualify student for LPC Certification.
- Applicant must be a certified teacher. (Does not apply to MSEd School Counseling and Student Affairs College Counseling, Autism/ABA or Autism.)
- Possession of a baccalaureate degree with a satisfactory overall GPA per state requirements (see New Jersey Department of Education for details) and a 3.0 in the undergraduate major.
- Two letters of recommendation related to the applicant’s competence for this graduate program and professional work.
- Essay (500 words or more). For School Counseling and Student Affairs and College Counseling, the essay must discuss why social justice is important to the applicant and how the applicant forsees utilizing this training in his/her future career as a school counselor or student affairs professional. For all other MSED programs the essay must explain why the applicant wishes to pursue the graduate program of their choice.
- Students applying to the MSEd School Counseling and MSEd Student Affairs and College Counseling programs must participate in a group interview.
Note: Upon completion of the Principal/School Administrator/Supervisor Program, you must provide documentation evidencing completion of five years of successful educational experience under a valid provisional or standard New Jersey or equivalent out-of-state certificate to be eligible for the endorsement.