Teacher of Students with Disabilities Graduate Endorsement
|Requirements (21 credits)|
|EDS-502||Autism: Characteristics, Etiology, and Current Issues||3|
|EDS-535||Technology and Students with Disabilities||3|
|EDS-537||Collaborating with Families, Students, and Professionals in Community and Educational Settings||3|
|EDS-500||Foundations of Special Education: Development Across the Lifespan||3|
|EDS-534||Classroom Management in Inclusive Settings||3|
|EDS-552||Methods of Teaching Students with Disabilities||3|
|EDS-572||Assessment Strategies and Applications in the Classroom||3|
- Possess or be eligible for a standard or provisional New Jersey instructional certificate with an endorsement appropriate to the subject or grade level to be taught.
- Possession of a bachelor’s degree in a field leading to teacher licensure, health services, psychology, or social work from an accredited institution and have achieved a satisfactory overall GPA per state requirements (see New Jersey Department of Education for details) and a minimum 3.0 in the undergraduate major.
- Applicant must submit two letters of recommendation related to the applicant’s competence for this graduate program and professional work.
- Applicant must submit an essay of 500 words or more explaining why applicant wishes to pursue a Teacher of Students with Disabilities endorsement.
- Official undergraduate and graduate transcripts.