MSEd Special Education - Special Education - Autism and Applied Behavior Analysis Track
|Core Requirements (6 credits)|
|EDS-530||Research Issues and Trends in Special Education||3|
|EDS-535||Technology and Students with Disabilities||3|
|Applied Behavior Analysis Requirements (18 credits)|
|EDS-601||Applied Behavior Analysis: Introduction||3|
|EDS-602||Applied Behavior Analysis: Concepts and Principles||3|
|EDS-603||Applied Behavior Analysis: Behavior Assessment||3|
|EDS-604||Applied Behavior Analysis: Behavior Change Procedures||3|
|EDS-605||Research and Advanced Topics: in Autism and ABA||3|
|EDS-606||Ethics and Professionalism for Behavioral Analysis||3|
|Autism Requirements (15 credits)|
|EDS-502||Autism: Characteristics, Etiology, and Current Issues||3|
|EDS-542||Communication and Social Competence Skills||3|
|EDS-566||Assessment and Interventions for Individuals with Autism I||3|
|EDS-567||Assessment and Interventions for Individuals with Autism II||3|
- Applicant must be a certified teacher. (Does not apply to MSEd School Counseling and Student Affairs College Counseling, Autism/ABA or Autism.)
- Possession of a baccalaureate degree with a satisfactory overall GPA per state requirements (see New Jersey Department of Education for details) and a 3.0 in the undergraduate major.
- Two letters of recommendation related to the applicant’s competence for this graduate program and professional work.
- Essay (500 words or more). For School Counseling and Student Affairs and College Counseling, the essay must discuss why social justice is important to the applicant and how the applicant forsees utilizing this training in his/her future career as a school counselor or student affairs professional. For all other MSED programs the essay must explain why the applicant wishes to pursue the graduate program of their choice.
- Students applying to the MSEd School Counseling and MSEd Student Affairs and College Counseling programs must participate in a group interview.
Note: Upon completion of the Principal/School Administrator/Supervisor Program, you must provide documentation evidencing completion of five years of successful educational experience under a valid provisional or standard New Jersey or equivalent out-of-state certificate to be eligible for the endorsement.