M.S.Ed. Special Education with Supervisor Endorsement (YI.SPVR.MSED)
|Supervisor Requirements (12 credits)|
|EDL-536||Curriculum Development and Design||3|
|EDL-569||Public School Supervision and Communication||3|
|EDL-582||Practicum in Supervision and Curriculum P-12||3|
|EDL-593||Administration and Supervision of Literacy Practices and Professional Development for School Leaders||3|
|Special Education Requirements (18 credits)|
|EDS-530||Research Issues and Trends in Special Education||3|
|EDS-535||Technology and Students with Disabilities||3|
|EDS-538||Special Education Law||3|
|EDS-568||Advanced Instructional Methods in Special Education||3|
|EDS-572||Assessment Strategies and Applications in the Classroom||3|
- Applicant must be a certified teacher. (Does not apply to MSEd School Counseling and Student Affairs College Counseling, Autism/ABA or Autism.)
- Possession of a baccalaureate degree with a satisfactory overall GPA per state requirements (see New Jersey Department of Education for details) and a 3.0 in the undergraduate major.
- Two letters of recommendation related to the applicant’s competence for this graduate program and professional work.
- Essay (500 words or more). For School Counseling and Student Affairs and College Counseling, the essay must discuss why social justice is important to the applicant and how the applicant foresees utilizing this training in his/her future career as a school counselor or student affairs professional. For all other MSED programs the essay must explain why the applicant wishes to pursue the graduate program of their choice.
- Students applying to the MSEd School Counseling and MSEd Student Affairs and College Counseling programs must participate in a group interview.
- Students applying to the MSEd Supervisor Track must submit, at the time of application, a letter from their administrator stating that the student has completed at least three (3) years of full time teaching in a public school or New Jersey Department of Education approved private school for students with disabilities. .
- MSEd Supervisor Track candidates must hold a Certificate of Eligibility with Advanced Standing (CEAS), Provisional or Standard New Jersey Teacher of Students with Disabilities Endorsement.
Note: Upon completion of the Principal/School Administrator/Supervisor Program, you must provide documentation evidencing completion of five years of successful educational experience under a valid provisional or standard New Jersey or equivalent out-of-state certificate to be eligible for the endorsement.