Use of Course Work Toward Degree Programs
Students in the M.B.A. Program must complete a minimum of thirty credits or ten courses in the required and elective core of courses at Monmouth University. Courses requested for transfer will be accepted at the discretion of officially designated evaluators for the program in the School of Business Administration. Transferred courses must be from institutions accredited to offer graduate courses and must carry a minimum grade of “B.”
Students enrolled in the Monmouth University M.S.W. Program who must complete fifty-four credits will be able to transfer a maximum of twenty-four (24) credits in foundation level courses of graduate work from another CSWE-accredited M.S.W. program. Students will be eligible for these credits provided that:
- the courses requested for transfer were completed with grades of “B” or better,
- the courses are offered only for graduate credit at the previous institution,
- the courses are judged appropriate by the M.S.W. Program Director,
- the courses were completed within the five years prior to admission into the M.S.W. Program at Monmouth University,
- the courses are foundational courses and do not include field placement or any of the Social Work practice sequence courses, and
- the credits were earned at a Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)-accredited graduate program.
Students who are enrolled in a Monmouth University M.S.W. Program with advanced standing and who request transfer credits will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Students transferring into certificate programs are allowed to apply no more than 30 percent of the transfer credits into the program. All other restrictions stated above will apply.
Students who have successfully completed non-Monmouth English M.A. programs may submit an application for admission to the M.F.A. in Creative Writing. Their applications should include a work sample, letters of recommendation, a personal statement, and official transcripts.
- If accepted, they will be permitted to have 15 credits waived from the completed M.A. program.
- Complete the supplementary 15 credits of graduate level English courses designated with course type EN.CW.
- Complete the remaining M.A. in English required credits before continuing on to the 18-credit M.F.A. curriculum.
- The minimum grade requirement for the waived credits, as well as the 15 creative writing credits is a "B" or higher.
- Students must maintain the total of 48 credits fore the M.A./M.F.A. dual degree program as well as complete the same creative writing requirements.
Students in other master’s degree programs may, with the permission of the student’s program director and the school dean, transfer a maximum of nine (9) credits of graduate work from another accredited graduate school, provided
- the courses requested for transfer were completed with grades of “B” or better and were not applied toward another degree,
- the courses are offered only for graduate credit at the previous institution, and,
- the courses are judged appropriate by the program director for the degree program in which the student is matriculated at Monmouth University.
The grades of transferred courses are not used in the computation of the grade point average.