M.S. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
|PC-505||Mental Health Counseling||3|
|PC-506||Testing and Assessment in Counseling||3|
|PC-515||Human Development Through the Life Span||3|
|PC-523||Introduction to Counseling Skills||3|
|PC-525||Theories of Counseling||3|
|PC-540||Introduction to Alcohol and Drug Abuse||3|
|Select one course from the list below:||3|
|Counseling Children and Adolescents: Theories and Techniques|
|Family Counseling: Theory and Technique|
|Counseling for Grief and Loss|
|PC-595||Professional Counseling Practicum||3|
|PC-603||Research Methods in Counseling||3|
|PC-680||Clinical Internship in Professional Counseling||3|
|Clincial Internship course is taken twice||3|
|Select 9 credits from Psychological Counseling (PC) at the 500-600 level||9|
|PC-CPE||Professional Counseling Comprehensive Examination||0|
- Possession of a baccalaureate degree with a 3.0 overall GPA.
- Two completed Monmouth University Professional Counseling recommendation forms.
- Twelve credits in Psychology or closely related field (including courses in personality theory, statistics, abnormal psychology, and research methods).
- Narrative (four to five pages, double spaced) in response to the questions outlined on the Admission Application Essay Form.
- Participation in a group interview.