Adult-Gerontological Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Post-Master's Certificate (NU.APN.A.PM.C)
|APN Core (9 credits) 1|
|NU-521||Pathophysiology and Histology 2||3|
|NU-524||Pharmacology for Advanced Nursing Practice 2||3|
|NU-535||Advanced Health Assessment 2||3|
|APN Concentration (6 credits)|
|NU-541||Primary Care 1||3|
|NU-542P||Primary Care Practicum||2|
|NU-542S||Primary Care Seminar||1|
|Clinical Specialty - Adult (12 credits)|
|NU-631||Advanced Practice Nursing I||3|
|NU-632P||Advanced Practice Nursing Practicum I||2|
|NU-632S||Advanced Practice Nursing Seminar I||1|
|NU-633||Advanced Practice Nursing II||3|
|NU-634P||Advanced Practice Nursing Practicum II||2|
|NU-634S||Advanced Practice Nursing Seminar II||1|
Must be passed with a grade of "B" or better
may be waived if the student has completed equivalent courses at the graduate level with a grade of "B" (3.0) or better
- Possession of a baccalaureate degree with a 3.0 GPA and a master’s degree in nursing.
- A current New Jersey RN license, a year of experience as a registered nurse and proof of a current $1,000,000 to $3,000,000 liability and malpractice policy. A year of experience in the enrolled specialty track is required to begin the clinical specialty practicum.
- A personal statement (one or two pages) outlining professional goals.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- A college-level course in health assessment. (An appropriate continuing education course may be substituted at the program director’s discretion for the nursing practitioner tracks.) This requirement does not apply to the Nursing Administration concentration.