Graduate Creative Writing Certificate (EN.CW.GR.C)
|Requirements (18 credits)|
|Select 15 credits from the following list (courses can be repeated):||15|
|Creative Non-Fiction Workshop|
|Craft Intensive Seminar|
|Select three additional credits of an EN.CW course type.||3|
- Possession of a baccalaureate degree with a minimum 2.75 overall GPA, fifteen or more credits in literature or a related field and at least one course in creative writing are strongly recommended.
- An application essay of 1,000 words describing your interest in creative writing, what you hope to accomplish in the program, and how you think the program will fit into your academic and career goals.
- A creative writing sample: 10 to 20 pages of poetry, fiction, or creative non-fiction.
- Two letters of recommendation. Letters from current or former professors recommended; if these are unavailable, letters may be sought from current colleagues, or a current or recent supervisor.
- Pathway to the MFA: Students intending to obtain the MFA degree after completion of the Graduate Creative Writing Certificate may use 3 credits of Creative Writing Designated with Course Type EN.CW from their Certificate toward the 18-credit MFA. Students must apply to the MFA program before the completion of the Certificate. The 3 dual-counting credits cannot be used toward any other degree, such as the MA in English.