Final transcripts from previous institutions attended should be received by Monmouth University prior to beginning enrollment. Students who do not provide official transcripts will not be permitted to continue at Monmouth.
Students in the MBA Program must complete a minimum of thirty credits or ten courses in the required and elective core of courses at Monmouth University. Courses requested for transfer will be accepted at the discretion of officially designated evaluators for the program in the School of Business Administration. Transferred courses must be from institutions accredited to offer graduate courses and must carry a minimum grade of “B.”
Students enrolled in the Monmouth University MSW Program who must complete sixty-credits will be able to transfer a maximum of thirty (30) credits in foundation level courses of graduate work from another CSWE-accredited MSW program. Students will be eligible for these credits provided that:
- the courses requested for transfer were completed with grades of “B” or better,
- the courses are offered only for graduate credit at the previous institution,
- the courses are judged appropriate by the MSW Program Director,
- the courses were completed within the five years prior to admission into the MSW Program at Monmouth University,
- the courses are foundational courses and do not include field placement or any of the Social Work practice sequence courses, and
- the credits were earned at a Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)-accredited graduate program.
Students who are enrolled in a Monmouth University MSW Program with advanced standing and who request transfer credits will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Students transferring into certificate programs are allowed to apply no more than 30 percent of the transfer credits into the program. All other restrictions stated above will apply.
Students in other master’s degree programs may, with the permission of the student’s program director and the school dean, transfer a maximum of nine (9) credits of graduate work from another accredited graduate school, provided
- the courses requested for transfer were completed with grades of “B” or better and were not applied toward another degree,
- the courses are offered only for graduate credit at the previous institution, and,
- the courses are judged appropriate by the program director for the degree program in which the student is matriculated at Monmouth University.
The grades of transferred courses are not used in the computation of the grade point average.