MSEd Speech-Language Pathology
|Requirements (60 credits)|
|SLP-600||Professional Issues in Speech-Language Pathology||3|
|SLP-604||Clinical Methods in Speech-Language Pathology||3|
|SLP-610||Neurological Language Disorders and Aphasia||3|
|SLP-614||Assessment and Treatment of Dysphagia||3|
|SLP-625||Assessment Procedures in Speech-Language Pathology||3|
|SLP-630||Pediatric Language Disorders||3|
|SLP-636||Communication in Autisum Spectrum Disorders||3|
|SLP-645||Speech Sound Disorders||3|
|SLP-655||Disorders of Voice and Resonance||3|
|SLP-660||Motor Speech Disorders||3|
|SLP-664||Audiology and Aural Rehabiliation||3|
|SLP-665||Augmentative and Alternative Communication||3|
|SLP-675||Traumatic Brain Injury||3|
|SLP-679||Diagnostic Practicum in Speech-Language Pathology||3|
|SLP-681||Clinical Practicum I||3|
|SLP-682||Clinical Practicum II||3|
|SLP-683||External Clinical Practicum I||3|
|SLP-684||External Clinical Practicum II||3|
|SLP-CPE||Comprehensive Portfolio Examination||0|
- Submit a completed application through the Communication Science and Disorders Centralized Application Service (CSDCAS) along with the signed SLP Communication Standards form and $50 application fee submitted to Monmouth University.
- Possession of a baccalaureate degree with a satisfactory overall GPA per state requirements (see Web site for details) and a minimum 3.0 GPA in the undergraduate major.
- GRE scores (taken within the last five years). Students who hold a master’s degree or higher from an accredited institution are not required to submit GRE scores.
- Essay (500 words or more) explaining why the student wishes to pursue a career in Speech-Language Pathology.
- Two professional letters of recommendation.
- Résumés are recommended but not required.
- Candidates must be able to communicate effectively in order to meet ASHA’s standards of clinical competence. Specifically, successful candidates “must have demonstrated communication skills sufficient to achieve effective clinical and professional interaction with clients/patients and relevant others.” Source: 2014 Standards for the Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology.
- Completion of eighteen (18) credits of speech-language pathology prerequisite courses. Applicants must also fulfill ASHA requirements listed at https://www.asha.org/Certification/Course-Content-Areas-for-SLP-Standards/.