The University is licensed by the New Jersey Commission on Higher Education and accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. In addition,
- the Leon Hess Business School is accredited by the AACSB International—the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business;
- the chemistry program (with a concentration in advanced chemistry) is certified by the American Chemical Society (ACS);
- the baccalaureate degree program in nursing/master's degree program in nursing/Doctor of Nursing Practice program and post-graduate APRN certificate programs at Monmouth University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE);
- the undergraduate Bachelor of Social Work and graduate Master of Social Work programs are accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE);
- the Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering (BSSE) program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of (ABET);
- the Bachelor of Science in Computer Science - Advanced Computing program is accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of (ABET);
- in the School of Education, the bachelor of arts and bachelor of science programs in Education, the Masters of Arts in Teaching program in Education, and the Master of Science in Education (MSEd) programs in Literacy, Principal/Supervisor, and Special Education are are accredited by the Council for the Accreditation for Educator Preparation (CAEP); the MSEd in School Counseling and the MSEd in Student Affairs and College Counseling programs are accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP); the MSEd degree program in Speech-Language Pathology is accredited by the Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (CAA) of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association;
- the Department of Professional Counseling's Master of Arts in Addiction Studies program is accredited by the National Addiction Studies Accreditation Commission (NASAC) and the Master of Science in Clinical Mental Health Counseling program is accredited by CACREP;
At its March 2019 meeting, the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant, Inc. (ARC-PA) extended Accreditation-Probation status for the Monmouth University Physician Assistant Program sponsored by Monmouth University until its next review in March 2021.
Probation is a temporary status of accreditation conferred when a program does not meet the Standards and when the capability of the program to provide an acceptable educational experience for its students is threatened.
Once placed on probation, programs that still fail to comply with accreditation requirements in a timely manner, as specified by the ARC-PA, may be scheduled for a focused site visit and/or risk having their accreditation withdrawn.
Specific questions regarding the Program and its plans should be directed to the Program Director and/or the appropriate institutional official(s).
- the Master of Science in Athletic Training program is seeking accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE).