The University is licensed by the New Jersey Commission on Higher Education and accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE). In addition,
- the Leon Hess Business School is accredited by the AACSB International—the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business;
- the Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering (BSSE) program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of (ABET);
- the Bachelor of Science in Computer Science program is accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of (ABET);
- the Bachelor of Science in Chemistry with a Concentration in Advanced Chemistry is certified by the American Chemical Society (ACS);
the baccalaureate degree program in nursing, master's degree program in nursing, Doctor of Nursing Practice program and post-graduate APRN certificate programs at Monmouth University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE);
the undergraduate Bachelor of Social Work and graduate Master of Social Work programs are accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE);
in the School of Education, the bachelor of arts and bachelor of science programs in Education, the Masters of Arts in Teaching (MAT) program in Education, the Master of Science in Education (MSEd) programs in Literacy, Principal/Supervisor, and Special Education, and the Learning Disabilities Teacher Consultant Post-Master’s Endorsement are accredited by the Council for the Accreditation for Educator Preparation (CAEP); the MSEd in School Counseling and the MSEd in Student Affairs and College Counseling programs are accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP); the MSEd degree program in Speech-Language Pathology is accredited by the Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (CAA) of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association;
the Department of Professional Counseling's Master of Arts in Addiction Studies program is accredited by the National Addiction Studies Accreditation Commission (NASAC), and the Master of Science in Clinical Mental Health Counseling program is accredited by CACREP;
- The Master of Science Physician Assistant (MSPA) Program is accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA).
- The Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant, Inc. (ARC-PA) has granted Accreditation-Continued status to the Monmouth University Physician Assistant Program sponsored by Monmouth University. Accreditation-Continued is an accreditation status granted when a currently accredited program is in compliance with the ARC-PA Standards.
- Accreditation remains in effect until the program closes or withdraws from the accreditation process or until accreditation is withdrawn for failure to comply with the Standards. The approximate date for the next validation review of the program by the ARC-PA will be March 2029. The review date is contingent upon continued compliance with the Accreditation Standards and ARC-PA policy.
- The program’s accreditation history can be viewed on the ARC-PA website at http://www.arc-pa.org/accreditation-history-monmouth-university/;
The entry-level occupational therapy doctoral degree program has applied for accreditation and has been granted Candidacy Status by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) of the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA), located at 6116 Executive Boulevard, Suite 200, North Bethesda, MD 20852-4929. ACOTE’s telephone number c/o AOTA is (301) 652-AOTA and its web address is www.acoteonline.org. The program must have a preaccreditation review, complete an on-site evaluation, and be granted Accreditation Status before its graduates will be eligible to sit for the national certification examination for the occupational therapist administered by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT). After successful completion of this exam, the individual will be an Occupational Therapist, Registered (OTR). In addition, all states require licensure in order to practice; however, state licenses are usually based on the results of the NBCOT Certification Examination. Note that a felony conviction may affect a graduate’s ability to sit for the NBCOT certification examination or attain state licensure.