Veterans' Benefits Policy
In accordance with Title 38 U.S. Code 3679 subsection (e), Monmouth University has adopted the following additional provisions for any students using U.S. Department of Veterans' Affairs (VA) Post 9/11® G.I.Bill (Chapter 33) or Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (VR&E) (Chapter 31) benefits, while payment to the institution is pending from Veterans' Affairs.
Monmouth University will not:
- Prevent the students enrollment;
- Assess a late penalty fee;
- Require VA students obtaining benefits to secure alternative or additional funding;
- Deny their access to any resources (access to classes, libraries, or other institutional facilities) available to other students who have satisfied their tuition and fee bills to the institution.
However, to qualify for this provision, such students may be required to:
- Provide Chapter 33 Certificate of Eligibility (or its equivalent) or for Chapter 31, Veterans' Affairs Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (VR&E) contract with the school on VA Form 28-1905 by the first day of class. *Note: Chapter 33 students can register at the VA Regional Office to use E-Benefits to get the equivalent of a Chapter 33 Certificate of Eligibility. Chapter 31 students cannot get a completed VA Form 28-1905 (or its equivalent) before the VA VR&E case manager issues it to the school.
- Provide written request to be certified;
- Provide additional information needed to properly certify the enrollment as described in other institutional policies.